Friday, 18 March 2022

Evaluation

 Evaluation

For the unit 'promotional video,' I had to plan and map out everything needed as if I was going to shoot a promotional video for a client. Initially, I started by analysing different types of promotional videos so I had a better idea of what directions mine could go in. After reading the brief I began to do basic research and put together my ideas for a pitch through a PowerPoint. Overall I thought my pitch went quite well, I made a lot of notes in my presentation so I wouldn't waffle and I could maintain my points. Then I spent a week putting together a storyboard and script for all three of my promo videos. I really liked the way I laid this out with the script cropped next to what shots it aligned with on the storyboard. I feel my vision came across very strong and was received well by the client. I next started researching the equipment and people I would need for the videos and when I would need them to begin an estimated price. My first draft of this was quite bland and didn't offer a lot of information and secure the client with the knowledge that I was getting the best prices because at that point I had only done minimal research. What I then took from that meeting was that I now had to do a lot more research and justify my decisions through comparison to multiple services and websites.I think after redoing this side of pre-production my costs were a lot more validated and there was more clarity between what I was saying and the client's understanding of that. I then went on to look at and research the legal side of making a promotional video like talent release forms to prevent anything adding to the overall cost of the videos in the future so an actor wouldn't be able to force you to take down the video with images of them in it. I think I did a good job at covering the reason why this was necessary and the different types of release forms that would be needed. the only thing I would do differently next time would maybe add a bit more detail about them to give the client a bit more financial security. This then brought me onto child labour laws as I would be using three child actors so it would be peccary to follow legal requirements so no legal action can be taken against us and overall I feel that I covered this efficiently. Something I wish I had done better is giving a better idea of how the different stages of production would've happened so this could clarify my previous claims about cost due to how long services would be required.

Overall, I think I did a good job. Now I have a better idea of the different stages of production planning I would spend more focus on the costing and planning side of it as I struggled trying to plan everything out efficiently and I think I really excelled in the concept and creative side of the process and that was definitely where I showed skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lighting Techniques

 Lighting Techniques Low-key lighting Key light big dominant light full light opposite the key light backlights illuminate the on-screen sub...