The Door (4-hour film challenge)
I want you to create a short 1-3 min narrative short film in which a door is integral to said narrative. This door could be physical, allegorical, metaphysical or even implied. You must use continuity editing techniques including, but not exclusively “match on action”, “cut-ins” and an establishing shot.
For my short film, I wanted to stem from the idea of self-restriction and pathetic fallacy in the sense that the world we see outside can affect our moods and routines. The snow brings hope at the end of the film and as a result, the shots become brighter and more saturated.
The main issue I had with the film was the fact that I wanted the only source of light to be natural from the outside to link to my concept of the world outside affecting/controlling how we feel on the inside. Which resulted in me having to get the right exposure for the shots in front of the door because it was backlighting the character so at times it was hard to see what was going on because it made everything inside much darker.
As a whole, I really liked the way most shots turned out and the aesthetic they then created due to my research into how to backlight a character.
Below is some of the planning and preparation I did to make the film through the use of a rough drafted storyboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment